Monday, February 26
9:20-9:35 Opening remarks by Tatiana Chernigovskaya
9:35-10:35 Keynote lecture 1. Gabriella Vigliocco. “Iconicity as a bridge between language and the world”.
10:35-11:00 Coffee break
11:00-12:40 Session 1
- Anisimov V.N., Latanov A.V. “Interactive Analysis of Syntactic Disambiguation During Reading in Russian”.
- Arsalidou M. “Orthographic manipulations and word reading”.
- Bermúdez-Margaretto B., Shtyrov Y., Cuetos F. “Brain dynamics during online lexicalisation of novel written words: influence of phonological and semantic factors”.
- Bertram R., Salmela R., Lehtonen M., Vainio S. “How Finnish morphology confuses the L2-speaker”.
12:40-14:20 Poster session 1 and lunch
14:20-16:00 Session 2
- Bonsignori C., Demestre J. “Cross-language activation in deaf LIS (Italian Sign Language)–Italian bilinguals”.
- Edeleva J., Chrabaszcz A., Demareva V. “Processing Russian Heteronyms in Sentential Context: The Role of Case Morphology and Sentence Structure”.
- Gor K., Kireev M., Chrabaszcz A., Korotkov A., Medvedev S. “Inflection and case are differently represented in the brain: An fMRI study of the recognition of case-inflected nouns”.
- Hoppe D.B., van Rij J., Ramscar M. “Before or after? The position of grammatical category markers triggers different learning processes”.
16:00-16:25 Coffee break
16:25-17:40 Session 3
- Indriðadóttir I.H. “Weight effects and variation in word order in Icelandic and Faroese”.
- Kibrik A.A., Fedorova O.V., Evdokimova A.A. “Speaking and listening in face-to-face multichannel communication”.
- Klimovich-Gray A., Fonteneau E., Marslen-Wilson W.D. “Predictive processing in Russian: evidence from EMEG”.
17:40-18:00 Short break
18:00-19:00 Keynote lecture 2. Giacomo Rizzolatti “The Mirror Mechanisms of Brain: Past, Present and Future”
19:00-20:30 Reception for conference participants
Tuesday, February 27
9:15-10:15 Keynote lecture 3. Victor Kuperman “Word learning and word representation”
10:15-10:40 Coffee break
10:40-12:20 Session 4
- Kochetkova U.E. “Articulatory changes due to the musical performance situation: evidence from French Lyric Singing”.
- Kornev A.N., Oganov S.R. “The Strategic reading brain development: eye-tracking study of text reading in typically-developing and dyslexic children”.
- Kruchinina O.V., Galperina E.I. “Age and sex difference in brain regions functional connectivity during reading Russian and English texts in adolescents”.
- Kyröläinen A.-J., Kuperman V. “It’s all about the base: Age effects on morphological processing”.
12:20-14:00 Poster session 2 and lunch
14:00-15:40 Session 5
- Laurinavichyute A.K., Khudyakova M., Sekerina I.A., Dragoy O.V. “Reactivation of syntactic traces in the Visual World paradigm?”.
- Prokopenya V.K., Konstantinova O.N., Saenko E. “Factors influencing referential choice: cross-linguistic study and neural-network modeling”.
- Raman I., Raman E., Ikier S., Kilecioğlu E., Uzun D., Zeyveli S. “Is Free Recall in Pure vs Mixed Lists a Function of Orthographic Transparency? Evidence from Early and Late Acquired Pictures and Words”. The talk will be delivered by E. Volkovyskaya
- Slioussar N., Shilin P. “Gender and Declension in Agreement Processing”.
15:40-16:05 Coffee break
16:05-17:20 Session 6
- Slioussar N., Kireev M., Korotkov A., Chernigovskaya T., Medvedev S. “Morphological regularity and processing difficulty in a lexical decision fMRI study on Russian”.
- Suckow K., Häussler J. “How interference guides the missing VP effect in German”.
- Volkovyskaya E., Raman I., Baluch B. “Age of Acquisition (AoA) effect in monolingual Russian and bilingual Russian (L1) – English (L2) speakers in a free recall task”.
17:20-17:30 Short break
17:30-18:30 Keynote lecture 4. Antoni Rodríguez-Fornells “The intrinsic reward of language learning”
18:30-18:45 Conference closure
Poster session 1
- Aleksandrov A.A., Memetova K.S., Stankevich L.N., Knyazeva V.M. “Neuroplasticity of language: Mismatch Negativity elicited by pseudowords before and after language training”.
- Antonchuk D. “Bilingualism in light of understanding a third language: Access to the Spanish language by Russian-Romanian bilinguals”.
- Balčiūnienė I., Kornev A.N. “Internal state terms as the animation glue in narrative plot: Investigation of dyslexics and typically-developing children”.
- Baumgarten D. “Experimental Visualization of Literary Characters in Online Novels”.
- Bekemeier N., Brenner D., Biermann-Ruben K., Indefrey P. “Neural correlates of conceptual shifts”.
- Belousov К.I., Erofeeva E.V., Leshchenko Y.E. “Professional Self-image Modelling (on the material of psycholinguistic experiment”.
- Bondarenko A. “A Contrastive Study of Verbless Sentences in Russian and English Parallel-Corpora”.
- Borodina A.V., Tsaregorodtseva O.V. “Verbal working memory in individuals with autism”.
- Bub A. “Characteristics of Russian binomials: frequency, word order, irreversibility, abstractness”.
- Chakravarty U. “Creativity in Slang Emergence: A Case Interpretation of Indo-Aryan Languages”.
- Chand G. “Effective Methods of Corpus Based Approach to Language Learning”.
- Cherenkova L.V., Sokolova L.V. “Visual perception in preschool children with different levels of language disorders”.
- Cherepovskaia N., Slioussar N. “The acquisition of the Russian noun case paradigm by adult Spanish-Catalan learners”.
- Chuprina A., Slioussar N. “Probing connections between morphologically related words”.
- Chernova D. “NP-type and RC-type in Attachment Ambiguity Resolution”.
- Chernyshev B.V., Pronko P.K., Nikolaeva A.Yu., Zhukova A.A., Prokofyev A.O., Butorina A.V., Stroganova T.A. “Rapid acquisition of novel word meaning through auditory-motor associations”.
- Claus B., Willy A. “Grammatical gender mismatch under nominal ellipsis: effects of mismatch type and grammatical number”.
- Evdokimova A.A., Sukhova N.V “Towards Cephalic Annotation: Do We Turn to Change the Posture?”.
- Galperina E.I., Shemyakina N.V., Nagornova Zh.V., Eremin D.A, Kornev A.N. “The written sentence processing in good and poor readers: an impact of two distinct task designs on the ERP study results”.
- Glazanova E.V., Erofeeva E.V. “Representation of phraseological nominations with spatial meanings by the gradual etalon method”.
- Grabovskaya M.A. “The order of acquisition of spatial prepositions in Russian”.
- Ignateva A., Evgrafova K. “The Perception of Emotional Speech of Russian Children by Native French Speakers”.
- Jaroslavienė J. “IPA Symbol Equivalents for Lithuanian and Latvian Monophthongs”.
- Kirillov B.A., Petrovskaya A.V., Sergeeva A.S. “Computational Investigation of Linguistic Markers in Discourse of Political Adversaries via Interpretation of Recurrent Neural Network”.
- Konina A.A., Alexeeva S.V., Chernigovskaya T.V. “Attention span in simultaneous interpreting”.
- Korobeynikova I.I., Riekhakaynen E.I. “Syllabification strategies in Russian: new experimental evidence”.
- Kovaleva A.V., Anisimov V.N., Glebova E.V., Kasatkin V.N. “Speech and rhythm perception and reproduction in children with posterior fossa tumors”.
- Ladinskaya N., Chrabaszcz A., Laurinavichyute A., Tolkacheva V., Bolgina T., Myachykov A., Dragoy O. “Spatial mapping of verbal tense forms in the Russian language”.
- Lopukhina A., Lopukhin K., Laurinavichyute A. “Predicting cloze task results with language models”.
- Petrova A., Law S.-P., Lau D. K.-Y., Su I.-F. “Brain oscillations in developmental dyslexia”.
Poster session 2
- Loktionova M. “Inferential language in Russian children with autism spectrum disorder: Mental state verbs and their degrees of certainty”.
- Magomedova V. “Gender Variation in Russian Expressive Forms”.
- Malysheva E.A., Kachkovskaia T.V. “Effect of different social situations on prosodic characteristics of speech”.
- Malyutina S., Antonova A. “Do older age and cognitive load increase reliance on “good-enough” language processing?”.
- Martín-Luengo B., Shtyrov Y., Myachykov A. “Underlying deliberative processes in the informativeness-accuracy trade-off: An eye-tracking study”.
- Mashanlo T.E. “The effect of L2 proficiency on reading performance in Russian-Chinese and Chinese-Russian late bilinguals”.
- Nabiullina A., Rezanova Z. “Measuring the lexical component of language faculty (creating and testing test batteries)”.
- Nagel O.V. “Evaluative Categorization of the Russian syncretic derivatives”.
- Nikolaeva E.I., Iluychina V.A., Vergunov E.G. “The specifics of text perception and understanding by the students with mental retardation”.
- Oganov S.R., Kornev A.N. “Development of the Text Reading Strategies: The Eye Tracking Study in 9-11- and 12-14-years Children”.
- Olexa R.A. “Emotion and Joking Events in a Preschool EFL Story-Telling Task”.
- Pilatova O.I., Riekhakaynen E.I. “A Psycholinguistic Study of the Semantics of Nouns: Experimental and Corpus Data”.
- Pokhoday M., Myachykov A. “Perceptual priming and syntactic choice in Russian language: multimodal study”.
- Reinecke R., Jayez J. “Information Layering; Does factive verb usage affect sensorimotor activation?”.
- Rezanova Z.I., Nekrasova E.D. “Perception of diminutive suffixes: context and social factors”.
- Rozanova Y.V. “Computer-aided research of ESP class materials: vocabulary potential and learning opportunities”.
- Shemyakina N.V., Novikov V.A., Nagornova Zh.V., Galperina E.I., Pozdnjakov A.V., Kornev A.N. “Sentence reading in poor and good adult readers: fMRI study”.
- Shulgina K.M. “Automated analysis of narratives by people with aphasia, healthy speakers, and second language learners”.
- Sizova O.B. “Language as a Handicap”.
- Timofeev V. “Clock-wise or Counter Clock-wise: which way to take to better interpret a picture?”.
- Tsaregorodtseva O.V. “Reading ‘sky’ and listening to high pitch: cross-modal mapping between tone and word meaning”.
- Tsigeman E.S., Tsaregorodtseva O.V. “Men in black and green: testing a link between perceptual and conceptual knowledge”.
- Urbanavičienė J. “Different phonological and phonetic viewpoint to Lithuanian affricates”.
- Vasilyeva A.V. “Experimental study of expressive noun semantics cognitive processing by men and women”.
- Vucovic N., Fardo F., Shtyrov Y. “Mental Processing of (Non-)Metaphoric Pain Language in Chronic Pain and Healthy Populations: Interactions between word comprehension and individual pain experience”.
- Zalmanov D.A. “Rhetorical structure as a factor of referential choice: in search of an optimal measurement”.
- Zaretsky E., Lange B.P. “Lost in the evidence: variability of statistical results in clinical linguistics”.
- Zashchirinskaia O.V. “The specifics of text perception and understanding by the students with mental retardation”.
- Zelenkova V., Malyutina S., Buivolova O., Oosterhuis E.J.,
Zmanovsky N., Feurra M. “Targeting interhemispheric balance to modulate language processing: a tDCS study in healthy volunteers”.
- Zemskova T.A., Petrova T.E., Riekhakaynen E.I., Kuznetsova A.S., Maraev A.V., Shatalov M.A. “Processing Verbal Texts and Infographics: Evidence from Russian”.
- Alexeeva S., Slioussar N. “The role of letter position for visual word processing: an experimental study on Russian”.
- Kachkovskaia T., Nurislamova M. “The influence of word boundary on consonant duration in Russian”.